Our Organic, Non-GMO Kale is a dark green, leafy vegetable that is part of the cabbage family. In addition to dark green, kale is available in a variety of other colors such as purple, white, and even pink.
Like other dark green leafy vegetables, kale is a natural source of calcium, iron, beta carotene, and vitamin C. Kale is part of the cruciferous group of vegetables; along with cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, and others; which have been studied for their health promoting properties. Kale is also a good source of dietary fiber and a natural source of vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), vitamin K, and manganese. It is also a source of copper, tryptophan, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin B2, protein, vitamin B1, folate, phosphorus, and vitamin B3. Also worth noting in kale's nutritional profile is its vitamin K content. Kale contains nearly twice the amount of vitamin K as most of its fellow cruciferous vegetables.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Kale Powder may include:
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Source of powerful antioxidants
- May aid healthy digestion & bowel health
- Possibly supports the body's detoxification system
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support a healthy cardiovascular system
- Contains 45 different flavonoids
Constituents of Kale include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline
- Flavonols: Isorhamnetin, Myricetin, Quercetin
- Phytochemicals: Sulforaphane, Indole-3-carbinol, Di-indolyl-methane (DIM)