Organic Strawberries may possibly be linked to healthy vision. Your mother may have told you carrots would keep your eyes bright as a child, but as an adult, it looks like fruit is even more important for keeping your sight. Data reported in a study published in the Archives of Ophthalmology indicates that eating 3 or more servings of fruit per day may support eye health, by 36%, compared to persons who consume less than 1.5 servings of fruit daily.
The strawberry is a member of the rose family. The plant produces succulent, red, conical fruit from tiny white flowers, and sends out runners to propagate.Strawberries are a fragrant, red colored, ground dwelling fruit. Their history dates back over 2,000 years with records showing a variety of breeds as a native in many parts of the world.
The strawberry is often described as a luxury item, enjoyed by royalty. France's King Charles V had over 3000 planted at the Louvre in Paris, King Louis XIII ate them everyday; and both Louis XIII and Louis XIV the latter enjoyed the berries so much that they are recorded to have eaten them to the point of indigestion!
The use of strawberries and of the strawberry plant itself for therapeutic purposes dates back as long as they have been eaten. American Indians prepared infusions of strawberry plant leaves as a treatment for stomach pain and gastrointestinal ailments such as diarrhea. Swedish botanist Carl Linnaeus was convinced that strawberries had miraculously healed his severe attack of gout; and the French philosopher Bernard de Fontenelle, who died at the age of 100 attributed the secret of his longevity to strawberries.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder may include:
- May support healthy eyesight
- Strawberries are one of the few sources of ellagic acid
- Strong antioxidant benefits
- Natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
- May support healthy lipid levels
- Low Glycemic Index (GI) of 40
- May support the body's ability to fight certain types of cellular mutation
- A natural source of phytonutrients like phenols, flavonoids & anthocyanins
Constituents of Strawberries include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Betaine, Vitamin A (RAE), Beta carotene, Vitamin A (IU), Lutein & Zeaxanthin, Vitamin E, Beta Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine,. Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, Serine
- Anthocyanidins: Petunidin, Delphinidin, Pelargonidin, Cyanidin
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin, Epicatechin 3-gallate, Epigallocatechin 3-gallate, Gallocatechin
- Flavanones: Naringenin
- Flavonols: Kaempferol, Quercetin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers, Proanthocyanidin Trimers, Proanthocyanidin 4-6mers, Proanthocyanidin 7-10mers, Proanthocyanidin (>10mers)